Of the exercises we have taken part in throughout the course I have gotten the most out of the Subtle Mind and Loving-Kindness practices. I have adopted those particular exercises into my week and look forward to spending time on them.
The Subtle mind is the one that got me started off the best by introducing the relaxation of breathing. The exercise allowed me to teach myself how to relax and focus on one thing - breathing. Once I began to get more comfortable with the Subtle mind I went back to the Loving Kindness exercise and began incorporating that into my week.
What I have found over the past few weeks is that I look forward to taking the time to relax and focus. I have also noticed a change in my outlook on the day when I get up in the morning and have been able to overcome some situations that would normally have gotten me overwhelmed or stressed out.
It's been an amazing transformation for me. I've been exposed to many health and wellness topics, exercises, and techniques for stress reduction, positive thinking, etc. I have also always thought that these exercises would be beneficial but never took the time to see if I could make them work. It's been a wonderful way for me to relax and find time for myself; making me a much better person inside and out! Trust me...if they have worked for me, there are many people out there that can benefit!!
Hi Stacey,
ReplyDeleteI am happy to read that you have taken the time to explore the exercises and techniques to help reduce stress and increase your positive emotions. Meditation has been around for a long time and I think you, others, myself included simply have not taken the time to try these healing practices. Meditation certainly does not take very long -30 minutes a day has made traumatic deference with my own positive emotions- I feel like I can focus on the good things rather than bad. Only if we could convince other to try it…
Cheers,
Cheryl
Hi, I too found the subtle mind exercise to be beneficial because it was simple and it helped relax me. I equate these practices to exercise. Once you start doing it you tend to start looking forward to it. Most of us know that they are beneficial to us but getting someone to actually do it is the challenge. Hopefully the positive changes in yourself will reflect on the outside and get people curious as to what you are doing to make your life better and will want to join in as well. Keep up with the practices and I hope you continue to grow in the future.
ReplyDelete